- Consider installing high-efficiency and low-flow appliances.
- Check faucets and pipes for leaks, a drop of water every second waste about 2,700 gallons of water per year.
- Plant native and drought tolerant plants and grass seed to limit the need to irrigate.
- Install pool, spa and hot-tub covers to reduce evaporation.
- Consider rainwater collection practices where legal.
During a Drought:
- Avoid letting water run unnecessarily such as when brushing teeth, washing dishes and thawing frozen foods.
- Run dishwashers and washing machines at full capacity.
- When waiting for water to warm up use buckets to catch it to water plants.
- When in extreme drought choose to irrigate tree's and shrub's over lawns.